Premier League Top Scorers & Top Assists
Here is the list of the Premier League top scorers and Premier League top assists in the current season. Further down this page, you will see the all-time top scorers for the Premier League as well as their profiles
Premier League Top Scorers
Premier League Top Assists
The list of Premier League all-time top scorers features some of the finest players ever to grace professional football.
Just one current Premier League player makes it onto the list – Harry Kane – and he is rapidly making his towards the 200+ goal mark.
Read on as we reveal the all-time Premier League top 10 goalscorers.
All-Time Premier League Top Scorers
1. Alan Shearer: 260 goals in 441 appearances
2. Wayne Rooney: 208 goals in 491 appearances
3. Andrew Cole: 187 goals in 414 appearances
4. Sergio Aguero: 184 goals in 275 appearances
5. Frank Lampard: 177 goals in 609 appearances
6. Harry Kane: 176 goals in 270 appearances*
7. Thierry Henry: 175 goals in 258 appearances
8. Robbie Fowler: 163 goals in 379 appearances
9. Jermain Defoe: 162 goals in 496 appearances
10. Michael Owen: 150 goals in 326 appearances
*Still playing in the Premier League
Premier League All-Time Top Scorers – Top 5 Profiles
Blackburn Rovers raised plenty of eyebrows when they paid more than £3 million to take Alan Shearer from Southampton to Ewood Park.
Their investment paid off in style as Shearer’s 34-goal tally helped Rovers pip Manchester United to the title in 1994/95.
The former England captain joined Newcastle United in 1996 but was unable to add another trophy to his CV despite continuing to rattle home the goals.
After progressing through the youth system at Everton, Rooney quickly made his mark in the Premier League after making his professional debut in 2002.
He spent two productive years with the Toffees before Manchester United shelled out more than £25 million to sign him in 2004.
He subsequently won five Premier League titles with United and is the only player to have scored more than 250 goals for the club.
Cole initially came to the fore at Bristol City, where his prowess in front of goal caught the eye of Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan.
He established himself as a top-class striker with the Magpies, before being controversially sold to Man Utd in 1995.
Cole is famed for his prolific partnership with Dwight York which saw them bag a combined 53 goals during United’s treble-winning season in 1998/99.
Aguero can rightly lay claim to being the greatest foreign striker to play in the Premier League after netting 184 goals in 275 appearances for Manchester City.
The Argentinian was part of a golden era at City, ending his time there with four Premier League titles and several other trophies to his name.
Aguero joined Barcelona in 2021 but was forced to retire from football due to a heart problem later the same year.
As the only midfielder in the top 10, Lampard’s scoring exploits for Chelsea helped to establish him as a true club legend.
He helped the club win three Premier League titles and he is widely recognised as one of the finest midfield players of his generation.
His subsequent forays into management at Derby County and Chelsea have been less successful, and he still has plenty to prove in that sphere.
More Premier League resources:
- Liverpool considering Mohamed Salah sale amid Real Madrid interest
- Nottingham Forest confirm Taiwo Awoniyi signing – Dean Henderson announcement imminent
- AC Milan in talks to sign wantaway Chelsea star Hakim Ziyech
- Newcastle United beat AC Milan for the signing of Sven Botman
- Arsenal agree £45m deal for Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus