Newcastle United All-Time Top Scorers
Newcastle United have been fortunate enough to have had some of the best goalscorers in the world play for the club.
Two legendary number nines have broken through the 200-goal barrier for the north-east outfit – Alan Shearer and Jackie Milburn.
Shearer is at the top of the Newcastle all-time top scorers list, with his tally of 206 goals in 405 appearances putting him six ahead of Milburn.
However, Milburn has the edge over Shearer in terms of winning silverware with Newcastle having lifted the FA Cup on three occasions.
By contrast, Shearer secured his only major title at club level when Blackburn Rovers won the Premier League in 1994/95.
Hughie Gallacher is third on the list with 143 goals in 174 appearances, while Len White (153) and Malcolm Macdonald (121) round off the top five.
Macdonald’s swashbuckling style of play endeared him to the club’s fans and they were heartbroken when he was sold to Arsenal in 1976.
Their mood wasn’t helped when scored a hat-trick for his new club against Newcastle in a 5-3 win at Highbury later the same year.
All-Time Newcastle United Top Scorers
1. Alan Shearer: 206 goals in 405 appearances.
2. Jackie Milburn: 200 goals in 397 appearances.
3. Len White: 153 goals in 269 appearances.
4. Hughie Gallacher: 143 goals in 174 appearances.
5. Malcolm Macdonald: 121 goals in 228 appearances.
6. Peter Beardsley: 119 goals in 326 appearances.
7. Tommy McDonald: 113 goals in 367 appearances.
8. Bobby Mitchell: 113 goals in 408 appearances.
9. Neil Harris: 101 goals in 194 appearances.
10. Pop Robson: 97 goals in 244 appearances.
More Newcastle United Resources
- Martin Odegaard signs new contract, becomes Arsenal’s highest-paid player
- Morning Mix: It’s time for Dyche to be bold at Everton, pressure mounting on Man United manager
- Everton unlikely to sack Sean Dyche due to £4m managerial payoff
- Preview: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Barcelona make enquiry over the valuation of loan stars Joao Cancelo and Joao Felix