La Liga Top Scorers | All-Time La Liga Top Scorers
The La Liga top scorers list highlights the most goals scored by an individual player in the current La Liga campaign as well as the top 10 all-time La Liga top scorers.
La Liga Top Scorers
All-Time La Liga Top Scorers
Former Barcelona star Lionel Messi is unsurprisingly top of the all-time scoring list and has set a total that will probably never be beaten. The goals to games ratio favoured the #2 on this list, Cristiano Ronaldo, but he has obviously played far fewer games than Messi in the league.
1. Lionel Messi: 474 goals in 520 appearances
2. Cristiano Ronaldo: 311 goals in 292 appearances
3. Telmo Zarra: 251 goals in 277 appearances
4. Hugo Sanchez: 234 goals in 347 appearances
5. Raul: 229 goals in 550 appearances
6. Alfredo di Stefano: 227 goals in 329 appearances
7. Cesar Rodriguez: 221 goals in 353 appearances
8. Quini: 219 goals in 448 appearances
9. Pahino: 214 goals in 278 appearances
10. Karim Benzema: 209 goals in 404 appearances
All-Time La Liga Top Scorers – Top 3 Profiles
Lionel Messi – Barcelona
Messi’s achievements with Barca are unlikely to ever be surpassed and he has a strong case to be regarded as the greatest player of all time.
He spent most of his career with the Spanish giants, winning 10 La Liga titles, four Champions Leagues and seven Spanish Cups.
The Argentinian forward has won the Ballon d’Or award a record seven times and has also finished as the top scorer in Europe on six occasions.
His rivalry with Ronaldo undoubtedly pushed the pair on to even greater heights and raised the bar in La Liga to a whole new level.
Cristiano Ronaldo – Real Madrid
Ronaldo was simply phenomenal during a nine-year spell with Madrid, averaging more than a goal a game in La Liga after joining the club from Manchester United.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner helped Madrid secure two La Liga titles, four Champions Leagues and two Spanish Cups to cement his status as one of the club’s all-time greats.
He has also enjoyed success on the international stage, captaining Portugal to their first-ever triumph in a major tournament at the 2016 European Championships.
Ronaldo took on a new challenge with Juventus in 2018, before returning to United ahead of the 2021/22 campaign.
Telmo Zarra – Athletic Bilbao
Zarra spent the bulk of his senior career with Bilbao, bagging 250 goals in 277 appearances for the club in Spain’s top flight.
He finished as the highest scorer in La Liga on six occasions and was the competition’s top scorer for nearly six decades before he was overtaken by Messi.
In addition to clinching one La Liga title with Bilbao, Zarra also enjoyed great success in the Spanish Cup, ending his career with five winners’ medals.
The forward was surprisingly capped just 20 times by Spain but scored 20 goals for his country including four in one match against Switzerland in 1951.
More La Liga Resources
- AC Milan will move for Christian Pulisic if they are forced to sell Rafael Leao
- Union Berlin manager Urs Fischer extends contract beyond 2023
- David Moyes under pressure ahead of Wolverhampton Wanderers game
- Barcelona defender Hector Bellerin ruled out for four weeks due to calf injury
- Liverpool and Arsenal want to join Chelsea in establishing a multi-club network