Copa America Winners List | Most Copa America Titles
The Copa America is the premier men’s football tournament featuring national teams from the CONMEBOL or the South American Football Confederation.
Established in 1916, it was known as the South American Football Championship (Campeonato Sudamericano de Fútbol) until 1975.
It is the oldest continental football competition, and the second oldest international football competition, after the Olympic Football Tournament. Since the 1990s, teams from North America and Asia have also been invited to participate.
Since 1993, the tournament has generally featured 12 teams – all 10 CONMEBOL teams and two additional teams from other confederations.
Eight of the ten CONMEBOL national teams have won the tournament at least once in its 46 stagings since the event’s inauguration in 1916, with only Ecuador and Venezuela yet to win.
Uruguay and Argentina have the most championships in the tournament’s history, with 15 titles, followed by Brazil, with nine.
Copa America Winners List
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback
- Everton’s ten-point deduction puts Sean Dyche contract talks on hold
- The worst Premier League starts ever
- Gavi out for the rest of the season
- Celtic & Rangers top list of most expensive Champions League away days
- Jeremie Frimpong: Should Bayern or Man Utd take advantage of his €40m release clause?
- Tottenham join race for Man United target Jean-Clair Todibo
- Ljungberg: Arsenal title challenge in trouble with key stats not in their favour
- Referee admitted penalty decision against Wolves was wrong, rages Gary O’Neil after Fulham defeat