The biggest Premier League winning margins
Newcastle United’s 8-0 win at Sheffield United in September 2023 got us thinking – which games have generated the biggest Premier League winning margins?
The Magpies fell one short of the record, which is the nine-goal margin set by three clubs on four different occasions:
- Manchester United 9-0 Ipswich Town – March 1995
- Southampton 0-9 Leicester City – October 2019
- Manchester United 9-0 Southampton – February 2021
- Liverpool 9-0 Bournemouth – August 2022
Another seven matches have had eight-goal winning margins including the aforementioned Newcastle romp against the hapless Blades.
- Newcastle United 8-0 Sheffield Wednesday – September 1999
- Tottenham Hotspur 9-1 Wigan Athletic – November 2009
- Chelsea 8-0 Wigan Athletic – May 2010
- Chelsea 8-0 Aston Villa – December 2012
- Southampton 8-0 Sunderland – October 2014
- Manchester City 8-0 Watford – September 2019
- Sheffield United 0-8 Newcastle United – September 2023
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?