Sampdoria are set to sign veteran Italian striker Sebastion Giovinco on a free transfer.
Giovinco has been a free agent since his contract with Saudi Arabian side Al-Hilal expired in August 2021.
According to Gianluca Di Marzio, the 35-year-old will join the Blucerchiati for the rest of the season.
He will replace Manolo Gabbiadini, who was ruled out for the remainder of the campaign after rupturing an anterior cruciate ligament.
He previously departed Juventus in 2015 to join MLS club Toronto FC, where he won the 2015 Major League Soccer Most Valuable Player and 2017 MLS Cup.
Sampdoria are currently 16th in the Serie A table, five points clear of the relegation zone.
Giovinco should make his debut for Sampdoria on Sunday as they travel to the San Siro to face AC Milan.
- AC Milan and Juventus join the race for Gabriel Jesus
- Grading Chelsea: How did the players, manager, transfers & results stack up?
- Christian Eriksen reveals his desire to play in the Champions League once again
- Barcelona ahead of Manchester United and Arsenal in Ruben Neves race
- Grading Juventus: How did the players, manager, transfers & results stack up?