Liverpool have suffered a huge injury blow ahead of the Carabao Cup final against Chelsea on February 25.
Dominik Szoboszlai could miss up to four weeks after a recurrence of the hamstring injury he sustained earlier this year.
The 23-year-old wasn’t part of the Reds’ squad that lost 3-1 to Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.
The Hungarian picked up a knock against Newcastle United at the start of January, and he remained sidelined for the next four games.
Szoboszlai featured off the bench against Norwich City in the FA Cup fourth round but now faces another spell on the sidelines.
Index has claimed the midfielder’s recovery could take around three to four weeks.
He will likely miss Liverpool’s next six matches, including the Carabao Cup final against Chelsea.
Szoboszlai has been one of the most important players for Jurgen Klopp’s side this season.
He has made 20 Premier League starts, bagging three goals and three assists.
Missing such a key player for the final is a big blow for Klopp, who will be looking to end his final season on a high by winning multiple trophies.
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’