Real Madrid are negotiating with Kylian Mbappe over a move to the Santiago Bernabeu this summer, but negotiations are still far from complete.
According to The Independent, Mbappe and Madrid have not reached an agreement over his salary package.
Mbappe’s entourage is reportedly unsatisfied with what has been offered and will hold out for more despite the player being desperate to move.
There is widespread belief that the 25-year-old will eventually wear the white of Los Blancos, but nothing is set in stone.
However, they will not let Mbappe hold them to ransom. The new contract offer is only a slight increase on his current deal.
Liverpool and Arsenal are interested in signing Mbappe. They want to bring him to the Premier League but know they will have to smash their wage structure to get him in – a risk neither club is willing to take.
It is unclear if Madrid will meet Mbappe’s demands or if he will have to meet them halfway.
Los Blancos have changed their approach to contracts in recent years, signing young talents and getting them on smaller contracts before they grow into superstars.
- Ratcliffe unable to spend big at Man United this summer due to PSR squeeze
- Fulham ready to offload Palhinha amid Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool interest
- Liverpool eye summer swoop for Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi
- Premier League calls emergency meeting amid ‘New Deal’ settlement deadline
- Liverpool and Man United table proposals for Kylian Mbappe
- Chelsea poach Brighton recruitment chief Sam Jewell
- Southgate eyes uncapped replacements for struggling Phillips – but are they good enough?
- Should Chelsea try to rescue Kane from Bayern nightmare?
- West Ham shortlist three managers to replace David Moyes
- Ratcliffe to cut around 250 jobs at Man United amid restructuring