Rasmus Hojlund broke the deadlock in the 23rd minute with a sensational finish to continue his recent good run of form.
Erik ten Hag’s side finished the half with a 1-0 lead, but it was far from a dominating display from the hosts.
The Hammers had a brilliant opportunity to restore parity early in the second half, but Emerson Palmieri squandered the chance.
Alejandro Garnacho quickly made them pay for their mistake, doubling the lead in the 49th minute.
The young winger cut in from the right and fired a brilliant shot that took a deflection off Nayef Aguerd.
Garnacho added another with a low finish past Lukasz Fabianski as United sealed a comfortable 3-0 success.
It was a special performance from the 19-year-old who not only bagged a brace but also posted excellent statistics.
Garnacho made a slow start but grew into the game after the interval.
His confidence grew after his first goal as he became a nightmare for the Hammers’ defenders.
The victory lifted Manchester United to sixth in the Premier League, eight points off the top four.
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’