Aston Villa have finally reached an agreement with Middlesbrough to sign Morgan Rogers.
Journalist Fabrizio Romano claims the player is now set to travel to the Midlands for his medical tests.
Villa recently submitted a third bid in the region of £15 million to sign the forward after their first two offers were rejected (per The Athletic).
It was also turned down but they continued their chase and have now finally reached an agreement with Middlesbrough.
Villa have made Rogers their primary target in the January transfer window.
The Midlands side have had an excellent 2023-24 season, bagging 43 points from 21 games to be level on points with Manchester City and Arsenal.
However, they are looking to reinforce their attack to continue their impressive form during the second half of the campaign.
Rogers has earned rave reviews for his performances in the Championship this season.
In 33 appearances across all competitions, the 21-year-old has bagged seven goals and nine assists.
The youngster started his career at West Bromwich Albion before landing a move to Manchester City in 2019.
The talented forward had loan spells with Lincoln City, Bournemouth and Blackpool, but he failed to break through at City.
However, his stock has risen since joining Middlesbrough last summer.
- Ratcliffe unable to spend big at Man United this summer due to PSR squeeze
- Fulham ready to offload Palhinha amid Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool interest
- Liverpool eye summer swoop for Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi
- Premier League calls emergency meeting amid ‘New Deal’ settlement deadline
- Liverpool and Man United table proposals for Kylian Mbappe
- Chelsea poach Brighton recruitment chief Sam Jewell
- Southgate eyes uncapped replacements for struggling Phillips – but are they good enough?
- Should Chelsea try to rescue Kane from Bayern nightmare?
- West Ham shortlist three managers to replace David Moyes
- Ratcliffe to cut around 250 jobs at Man United amid restructuring