Tottenham Hotspur looked set for a challenging season after the departure of Harry Kane last summer.
However, they have done incredibly well under Ange Postecoglou, who has completely changed the mood around the club. His attacking brand of football has been a huge hit with the fans.
Lilywhites are currently sitting fifth in the Premier League standings with 40 points from 21 games and are regarded as genuine top-four contenders.
Impressed with the Australian’s work, Tottenham have backed Postecoglou in the January transfer window.
They signed Timo Werner from RB Leipzig on a loan deal that includes a £15 million option to make the transfer permanent.
Spurs have also brought in Radu Dragusin from Genoa for around £26m.
Spurs are huge admirers of the midfielder, but a potential deal could cost them more than they paid for Dragusin.
However, if they manage to offload Pierre-Emile Højbjerg, that could allow them to make a late offer for the 23-year-old.
Gallagher has been a key part of Mauricio Pochettino’s side this season, making 27 appearances in all competitions. The England international also has a contract at Chelsea until 2025.
However, since selling a homegrown talent represents pure accounting profit, the Blues could be tempted to sanction an exit.
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager