Bayern Munich are reportedly close to withdrawing from negotiations for Newcastle United star Kieran Trippier.
This comes after the Magpies turned down a €15 million offer from the Bundesliga giants.
According to Florian Plettenberg, the Bavarians have decided not to submit a new bid after an internal discussion this morning.
However, talkSPORT journalist Alex Crook has contradicted Plettenberg by saying Bayern are not giving up on Trippier and are preparing one final offer.
Trippier has been a very important member of Eddie Howe’s team this season, contributing eight assists in 28 appearances in all competitions.
However, Trippier is reportedly interested in joining the Bundesliga giants.
Newcastle have been struggling to perform well this season, and are currently languishing in 10th position in the table.
They need reinforcements but Financial Fair Play concerns mean they have failed to add any new players to their squad.
The Magpies could decide to sell Trippier to raise funds for signing new players.
Miguel Almiron and Callum Wilson also face uncertain futures at St James’ Park amid interest from other clubs.
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager