Napoli have reportedly submitted a new bid for signing Nottingham Forest midfielder Orel Mangala.
According to Florian Plettenberg, the Serie A club are looking to sign him on loan with an obligation to buy.
The total package including the loan fee is around €30-35 million, but the Premier League club want more.
The 25-year-old joined Forest in the summer of 2022 from VfB Stuttgart and has since made over 50 senior appearances for the club.
The Belgian has been an important member of the team this season, starting 18 Premier League matches.
However, the club were recently charged with breaching the league’s Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR) and may need to sell players to balance the books.
Forest have already sanctioned departures for Gustavo Scarpa, Pharrell Johnson and Oli Hammond, but more outgoings are expected this month.
Mangala could be sold before the January transfer window closes, although Forest’s asking price may be a sticking point.
The deal for the 25-year-old cost them almost €15 million, but they now want more than double that amount.
The Belgian is keen to join Napoli, while Galatasaray and Rennes have also made similar proposals, but they have been unable to reach an agreement with Forest.
- Fulham ready to offload Palhinha amid Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool interest
- Liverpool eye summer swoop for Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi
- Premier League calls emergency meeting amid New Deal settlement deadline
- Liverpool and Man United table proposals for Kylian Mbappe
- Chelsea poach Brighton recruitment chief Sam Jewell
- Southgate eyes uncapped replacements for struggling Phillips – but are they good enough?
- Should Chelsea try to rescue Kane from Bayern nightmare?
- West Ham shortlist three managers to replace David Moyes
- Ratcliffe to cut around 250 jobs at Man United amid restructuring
- Newcastle place Dan Ashworth on gardening leave amid interest from Man United