The Dutch tactician knows the player well, having worked with him during his managerial stint in Amsterdam.
He was reportedly keen to reunite with the 21-year-old last summer but the move didn’t materialise.
Florian Plettenberg reports that Ten Hag is still interested in the centre-forward and wants United to sign him in January.
The 21-year-old has enjoyed an excellent campaign, bagging 13 goals and four assists in 25 matches across all competitions.
The Netherlands international could be a good replacement for Anthony Martial who is expected to leave the club at the end of this campaign.
However, a permanent transfer for Brobbey this month looks very unlikely.
The Eredivisie giants are expected to demand a huge fee for Brobbey, who is under contract until 2027. United are not in a position to meet their high valuation.
Lisandro Martinez left Ajax to join United last summer, and he proved to be an excellent signing.
The same thing cannot be said about Antony, who has completely failed to meet expectations at Old Trafford.
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager