Almost every player dreams of playing in the Premier League, which is full of riches, acclaim and prestige.
However, only a few manage to make it to the English top flight where the best footballers from around the world showcase their skills.
The Premier League transfer window is underway, with clubs looking to bolster their squad for the second half of the campaign.
Several Championship stars could land a move to the top flight, but that will most likely happen in the summer transfer window.
Goalkeeper Anthony Patterson has made great progress at Sunderland in the last few years.
The 23-year-old played a pivotal role in helping the Black Cats to the Championship play-offs last season, starting all 46 matches. He has also featured in every league game this term.
His impressive displays have not gone unnoticed, with Premier League giants Liverpool reportedly keen on him.
The Reds have identified the young goalkeeper as a potential replacement for Caoimhin Kelleher if the Irishman leaves this summer.
Patterson is under contract at the Stadium of Light until 2026, but the club could be tempted to cash in if a big offer arrives.
Jack Clarke’s future has been the subject of much speculation this month, with the 23-year-old reportedly attracting interest from several Premier League clubs including West Ham United.
The talented winger struggled to break through at Tottenham Hotspur and ended up joining Sunderland in 2022, initially on loan that was later made permanent.
Clarke has seen a massive improvement in his fortunes since arriving at the Stadium of Light, making 45 goal contributions in 99 senior appearances.
He has already netted 13 goals this campaign, making him the fourth-highest goalscorer in the Championship.
The former Leeds United star is contracted with the Black Cats until 2026, but if he continues performing like this, he will soon be snapped up by a top-flight team.
Adam Wharton has just turned 19 but has already made 50 senior appearances for Blackburn Rovers.
He has started 21 Championship games this term, scoring a goal and creating three assists.
The midfielder’s excellent development has reportedly attracted the attention of several Premier League clubs including Tottenham Hotspur and Everton.
However, he has just signed a long-term contract and Rovers will be unwilling to lose him in the middle of the season.
A big offer in the summer could change their mind about a player who looks destined to shine in the Premier League.
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager