Bayern Munich have submitted an official offer for Genoa centre-back Radu Dragusin, according to Gianluigi Longari.
The Bavarians are looking to hijack Tottenham Hotspur’s deal for the Romanian defender.
They moved for Dragusin after briefly flirting with the idea of signing Jean-Clair Todibo from Nice.
Dragusin has won 70% of his aerial and 67% of his ground duels this season, earning plaudits for his imposing performances.
Tottenham had agreed to a €25 million deal with Genoa for the player, while Djed Spence was scheduled to move the other way on a dry six-month loan.
However, Bayern are threatening to throw a spanner in the works as they seek to reinforce a defence weakened by a long-term injury to Matthijs De Ligt.
The Bavarians were already light at the back after losing Benjamin Pavard and Lucas Hernandez over the summer and failing to replace them adequately.
Tottenham are also in desperate need of defensive reinforcements as injuries and suspensions forced them to give up any hopes of challenging for the title this season.
It became clear that their squad was not strong enough to challenge, and manager Ange Postecoglou has asked for additions to keep his side in the running for the top four.
- Ratcliffe unable to spend big at Man United this summer due to PSR squeeze
- Fulham ready to offload Palhinha amid Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool interest
- Liverpool eye summer swoop for Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi
- Premier League calls emergency meeting amid ‘New Deal’ settlement deadline
- Liverpool and Man United table proposals for Kylian Mbappe
- Chelsea poach Brighton recruitment chief Sam Jewell
- Southgate eyes uncapped replacements for struggling Phillips – but are they good enough?
- Should Chelsea try to rescue Kane from Bayern nightmare?
- West Ham shortlist three managers to replace David Moyes
- Ratcliffe to cut around 250 jobs at Man United amid restructuring