Former Manchester United forward Jesse Lingard is searching for a new club since being released by Nottingham Forest at the end of last season.
The 31-year-old believes he still has plenty to offer at the top level of football. He has been training in Dubai to keep himself in shape and ensure he is ready for any call.
Manager Xavi Hernandez would love to reinforce the squad to make a comeback during the second half of the campaign.
However, the Catalans’ economic problems and FFP restrictions mean they are unlikely to sign a new player in the current transfer window.
Jesse Lingard could be an appealing option, as he can be signed without a transfer fee.
The English footballer spent most of his career at Manchester United, scoring 35 goals in 232 appearances.
He won the FA Cup, League Cup and the Europa League during his time with the Red Devils, but the club released him in 2022.
The forward landed a move to Forest last summer but failed to make a significant impact at the City Ground and wasn’t offered a new contract.
The 31-year-old still has time to reignite his career. However, despite their financial problems, Barcelona probably will not be interested in signing him.
- Ratcliffe unable to spend big at Man United this summer due to PSR squeeze
- Fulham ready to offload Palhinha amid Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool interest
- Liverpool eye summer swoop for Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi
- Premier League calls emergency meeting amid ‘New Deal’ settlement deadline
- Liverpool and Man United table proposals for Kylian Mbappe
- Chelsea poach Brighton recruitment chief Sam Jewell
- Southgate eyes uncapped replacements for struggling Phillips – but are they good enough?
- Should Chelsea try to rescue Kane from Bayern nightmare?
- West Ham shortlist three managers to replace David Moyes
- Ratcliffe to cut around 250 jobs at Man United amid restructuring