West Ham United defender Thilo Kehrer is close to joining French outfit AS Monaco on loan.
Reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano says the two clubs have reached an agreement and the 27-year-old will travel to France today for his medical.
The loan fee is understood to be €500k with a mandatory buy option included for €11m.
Kehrer arrived at the Hammers from Paris Saint-Germain in 2022. He hit the ground running, making 27 Premier League appearances in his debut campaign.
He was also a key member of David Moyes’ squad that won the Europa Conference League.
However, the defender has suffered a decline in fortunes this term, featuring in only three top-flight games.
Kehrer mainly plays in central defence but can also be used as a right-back.
Kurt Zouma, Nayef Aguerd, Dinos Mavropanos and Angelo Ogbonna are all ahead of him in the pecking order.
Vladimir Coufal is the Hammers’ number-one choice at right-back with Ben Johnson his understudy.
Kehrer will now be moving to Monaco who are currently sitting third in the Ligue 1 standings.
The Germany international will hope to reignite his career in France by playing regular football.
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025