The nominees for the December 2023 Premier League Player of the Month have been revealed, and the winner will be announced next week.
Liverpool’s Trent Alexander-Arnold is up for the prestigious prize after a stellar month that saw him net in the 4-3 win over Fulham. He also provided an assist in the 2-0 win over Sheffield United.
The England international helped keep clean sheets against the Blades and Manchester United. He also created two big chances in the 2-1 win over Crystal Palace.
Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Matheus Cunha was directly involved in six goals in seven appearances as they won four of their seven matches during the month.
He scored or assisted in all his matches in December except two games against West Ham United and Chelsea.
Mohammed Kudus is also in contention after picking up form over the past few weeks, spearheading West Ham’s surge up to sixth in the Premier League.
The Ghanaian international opened the month with a goal against Crystal Palace before bagging a brace against Wolves and a goal in their clash with United.
On the other side of London, silky playmaker Michael Olise returned to action and has been in stunning form for the Eagles.
Olise netted a penalty in the 2-2 draw with Manchester City before netting the only goal in their 1-1 draw with Brighton & Hove Albion. He also scored against Chelsea before notching a brace as they defeated Brentford.
He was one of the few bright sparks in an otherwise dour month for Palace that saw them win only once in seven games.
Speaking of silky playmakers, Chelsea’s Cole Palmer has been carrying the club since his arrival this summer.
Palmer netted a brilliant strike in their loss to Manchester United before notching a goal and assist in the win over Sheffield United. He rounded the month with a well-taken brace against Luton Town.
Bournemouth defender Marcos Senesi has been a key cog in Andoni Iraola’s side, helping them keep three clean sheets as they lost only one of six matches. He also contributed two goals.
However, Dominic Solanke has been the man for the goals at Bournemouth. He bagged six goals in December, including a first career hat-trick against Nottingham Forest to earn a deserved nomination.
Heung-min Son contributed a league-high eight goals in December. He captained an injury-hit Tottenham Hotspur squad to four wins to keep them within touching distance of the top four.
- Ratcliffe unable to spend big at Man United this summer due to PSR squeeze
- Fulham ready to offload Palhinha amid Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool interest
- Liverpool eye summer swoop for Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi
- Premier League calls emergency meeting amid ‘New Deal’ settlement deadline
- Liverpool and Man United table proposals for Kylian Mbappe
- Chelsea poach Brighton recruitment chief Sam Jewell
- Southgate eyes uncapped replacements for struggling Phillips – but are they good enough?
- Should Chelsea try to rescue Kane from Bayern nightmare?
- West Ham shortlist three managers to replace David Moyes
- Ratcliffe to cut around 250 jobs at Man United amid restructuring