The Premier League has revealed the nominees for December’s Manager of the Month award, with Unai Emery, Andoni Iraola, Jurgen Klopp and David Moyes vying for the prestigious accolade.
Emery led his side to four wins in seven fixtures (D2, L1) during the hectic festive schedule, including back-to-back victories against title rivals Manchester City and Arsenal.
The Spanish tactician orchestrated the downfall of last season’s top two sides, keeping a clean sheet in both victories to firmly establish his overachieving side in the Premier League title race.
The only blemish in Villa’s remarkable run of form in December came in a 3-2 defeat to Manchester United. But they responded with a victory over relegation-threatened Burnley by an identical scoreline.
After a topsy-turvy start to life in the Premier League, Iraola has transformed his Bournemouth side into one of the most in-form teams in the division this season.
December saw the Cherries win four of their six games (D1, L1), including a first-ever victory over United at Old Trafford, with Iraola’s side running out 3-0 winners.
Bournemouth scored two or more goals in five of their six matches but closed out a memorable month with a 3-1 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur in north London.
Klopp is the only one of the four nominees to have emerged from the busy festive period schedule unscathed, going unbeaten in six games (W4, D2).
Liverpool opened December with a thrilling 4-3 comeback win against Fulham and closed out the month with a comprehensive 2-0 victory over Burnley at Turf Moor to end the year at the top of the Premier League summit.
West Ham United manager Moyes rounds up the four-man shortlist with four wins from six games (D1, L1).
The Hammers defeated Spurs 2-1 in north London at the start of December before picking up back-to-back triumphs over United and Arsenal in a memorable month for the East Londoners.
They closed out the year with a goalless draw against Brighton & Hove Albion, finishing 2023 sixth in the Premier League rankings, six points adrift of the top four.
Nominees for the October Manager of the Month award
- Unai Emery – Aston Villa
- Andoni Iraola – Bournemouth
- Jurgen Klopp – Liverpool
- David Moyes – West Ham United
Supporters can cast their votes here, with the winner of the award expected to be announced next week.
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager