Mbappe is in the final few months of his Paris Saint-Germain contract. He was involved in a spat with Les Parisiens a few months ago when he confirmed he would not trigger the one-year extension in his current deal but the tension has since cooled.
However, the 25-year-old continues to keep his options open and could be set for another summer of uncertainty in 2024.
Mbappe was seemingly on his way to Madrid two summers ago before he made a late U-turn to sign a new deal with PSG.
Madrid are believed to be still annoyed at Mbappe’s decision to change his mind at the last moment in 2022.
Los Blancos have reportedly set a deadline of mid-January for the attacker to decide over moving to Santiago Bernabeu this time around as they want to avoid another public merry-go-round.
Mbappe enjoyed another splendid individual year in 2023, netting 52 times in 53 games across all competitions for club and country.
Having racked up an impressive 18 league strikes in 16 matches, Mbappe is on course to win a sixth consecutive Golden Boot award.
He is a key reason why Luis Enrique’s men sit top of the Ligue 1 table despite being unconvincing on several occasions this term.
However, his biggest challenge remains winning the Champions League for PSG in what could be his final season at the Parc des Princes.
Mbappe must first lead his side past Real Sociedad in the last-16.
- Ratcliffe unable to spend big at Man United this summer due to PSR squeeze
- Fulham ready to offload Palhinha amid Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool interest
- Liverpool eye summer swoop for Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi
- Premier League calls emergency meeting amid ‘New Deal’ settlement deadline
- Liverpool and Man United table proposals for Kylian Mbappe
- Chelsea poach Brighton recruitment chief Sam Jewell
- Southgate eyes uncapped replacements for struggling Phillips – but are they good enough?
- Should Chelsea try to rescue Kane from Bayern nightmare?
- West Ham shortlist three managers to replace David Moyes
- Ratcliffe to cut around 250 jobs at Man United amid restructuring