Bundesliga club RB Leipzig are reportedly interested in signing Manchester United star Jadon Sancho, according to journalist Christian Falk.
After clashing with United manager Erik ten Hag, the 23-year-old has been sidelined from first-team action for most of this season, reducing him to only three appearances.
The England international has refused to apologise for his statements on social media that undermine the Dutch manager, and all attempts to quell the matter have been futile.
Sancho looks set to exit Old Trafford this winter window, and Leipzig could offer him a sweet landing spot.
They have charged up the table in recent weeks and would like to add more firepower to duel with Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen for the league title.
They have also secured qualification to the Champions League round of 16, where they will take on Real Madrid. They need more in their arsenal to contend with the European giants.
Leipzig will be keen to add more attackers to their forward line, especially with Emil Forsberg on his way out of the club and heading to Major League Soccer on the first day of the new year.
Head coach Marco Rose will be pushing for reinforcements, and Sancho could be his man.
Sancho excelled and rose to prominence in the German top flight with Borussia Dortmund, bagging 50 goals and 60 assists in 137 appearances.
The former Manchester City youth graduate was excellent for Dortmund, helping them claim the DFL Supercup in 2019 and the DFB-Pokal in 2021.
Despite Leipzig’s interest in Sancho, his €20 million a year salary could prove a stumbling block.
He might have to take a massive pay cut to secure a move away from United, where he is surplus to requirements.
His wages prevented Juventus and Barcelona from swooping for him, and the player has no interest in moving to the Middle East.
Leipzig provides a haven for Sancho’s escape, but he must compromise to secure a possible transfer.
- Ratcliffe unable to spend big at Man United this summer due to PSR squeeze
- Fulham ready to offload Palhinha amid Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool interest
- Liverpool eye summer swoop for Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi
- Premier League calls emergency meeting amid ‘New Deal’ settlement deadline
- Liverpool and Man United table proposals for Kylian Mbappe
- Chelsea poach Brighton recruitment chief Sam Jewell
- Southgate eyes uncapped replacements for struggling Phillips – but are they good enough?
- Should Chelsea try to rescue Kane from Bayern nightmare?
- West Ham shortlist three managers to replace David Moyes
- Ratcliffe to cut around 250 jobs at Man United amid restructuring