Chelsea fans expected an improvement in their fortunes after Mauricio Pochettino took over as manager last summer.
But with Christmas fast approaching, the Argentine boss is yet to deliver results.
Sunday’s 2-0 defeat at Everton was their seventh league defeat, with the result dropping them into the bottom half of the Premier League table.
The Blues have been facing many injury issues but they should be doing much better.
They have spent over £1 billion on new signings since the Todd Boehly takeover, but Pochettino has insisted that more additions are required.
However, to comply with the Financial Fair Play rules, they may have to sell first before bringing in new players in the January transfer window.
We look at three of their top transfer targets for the upcoming transfer window.
One of the biggest problems for Chelsea this season has been their failure in front of goal. They have scored only 26 goals with a conversion rate of 8.7 percent.
Neither Nicolas Jackson nor Armando Broja are prolific goalscorers, while Christopher Nkunku is yet to make his debut after arriving at Stamford Bridge in the summer.
Chelsea may make a move for Brentford’s Ivan Toney who is an elite centre-forward and capable of delivering over 20 goals per season.
He is currently suspended for breaching the FA’s betting rules but is set to return in January.
The Bees are reportedly determined to keep the 27-year-old, but a big offer could change their mind about the player whose contract expires in 2025.
Chelsea currently have Marc Cucurella, Levi Colwill and Ian Maatsen as options at left-back.
However, there have been rumours that the club could look to sell Cucurella who cost them £60 million in 2022.
Maatsen is also keen to leave on an exit due to his limited game time.
Alphonso Davies could be an ideal signing. He has proved his abilities in Germany and is capable of being successful in England.
But with several other clubs also interested, it is unclear whether the 23-year-old would be keen to join Chelsea.
Robert Sanchez has done a decent job since joining Chelsea in the summer.
But they could look to sign an upgrade on the Spaniard, who has kept three clean sheets and conceded 25 goals in 16 Premier League matches.
The Blues have been linked with a move for AC Milan’s Mike Maignan, who would be a brilliant signing.
The 28-year-old has been at Milan since 2021 and is highly rated for his shot-stopping ability and concentration.
- Ratcliffe unable to spend big at Man United this summer due to PSR squeeze
- Fulham ready to offload Palhinha amid Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool interest
- Liverpool eye summer swoop for Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi
- Premier League calls emergency meeting amid ‘New Deal’ settlement deadline
- Liverpool and Man United table proposals for Kylian Mbappe
- Chelsea poach Brighton recruitment chief Sam Jewell
- Southgate eyes uncapped replacements for struggling Phillips – but are they good enough?
- Should Chelsea try to rescue Kane from Bayern nightmare?
- West Ham shortlist three managers to replace David Moyes
- Ratcliffe to cut around 250 jobs at Man United amid restructuring