Antonio was forced off after just 20 minutes into his country’s CONCACAF Nations League quarter-final defeat at Independence Park on Saturday.
He immediately went down the tunnel with what appeared to be a hamstring problem but further diagnosis has now revealed that Antonio sustained minor damage to his knee instead.
West Ham initially feared the worst, but Antonio is expected to miss only three weeks of action and could return in December’s League Cup clash against Liverpool.
Nonetheless, the Hammers have been further plunged into an injury crisis in attack with top scorer Jarrod Bowen also currently sidelined.
Despite making a relatively underwhelming start to the season which has seen him score just twice in 12 Premier League games this term, Antonio remains West Ham’s first-choice striker.
In Antonio’s absence, Danny Ings could be set to finally make his first league start of the campaign, although teenage prospect Divin Mubama may also be an option having impressed in pre-season matches against Perth Glory and Tottenham Hotspur.
West Ham currently sit ninth in the Premier League table thanks to a thrilling comeback 3-2 win over Nottingham Forest in their most recent outing before the international break.
They will be looking to pick up consecutive league wins for the first time since September when they visit Turf Moor to face Burnley on Saturday.
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?