Real Madrid midfielder Jude Bellingham is back in training as he steps up his return to full fitness, according to The Athletic.
Bellingham was forced to withdraw from England’s squad for the international break due to a shoulder problem which he picked up against Rayo Vallecano earlier this month.
With 13 goals and three assists across all competitions to his name this term, Bellingham has made a fine start to life with Madrid.
His heroics have unsurprisingly been rewarded with the Kopa Trophy and Golden Boy award in the space of two weeks.
Bellingham’s potential return is a welcome boost for Los Blancos, who are set to be without Vinicius Junior for the next two months after the Brazilian suffered a thigh problem while on international duty.
Thibaut Courtois and Eder Militao are also long-term absentees for the La Liga giants, while Aurelien Tchouameni is ruled out until next month.
Madrid’s emphatic 5-1 win over Valencia last time out was their 10th in 13 games but they remain second in the standings, two points behind Girona after the first 13 matchdays.
Carlo Ancelotti’s aide will be aiming to make it three wins on the bounce and five in the last six when they visit the Nuevo Mirandilla to face Cadiz on Sunday before playing host to Napoli in a crunch Champions League group-stage clash in midweek.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray