Jude Bellingham, James Maddison, Lewis Dunk, Callum Wilson, Levi Colwill and Kieran Trippier have already pulled out of the squad. And now the 26-year-old has also joined them.
Bowen reported for international duty last week and was part of the matchday squad on Friday when England defeated Malta 2-0.
Southgate confirmed the winger’s withdrawal during a press conference on Sunday ahead of their match with North Macedonia, saying (per the Sun): “Unfortunately Jarrod picked up an injury, I think he felt it a bit yesterday.
“And then again at the end of training today, so we didn’t really have enough time to assess it fully and make a really accurate decision before the game.
“So we felt better to leave him in England so that he can get it properly assessed. I don’t think it’s going to be anything serious.
“But we just didn’t have enough time and we wouldn’t take a risk in that situation.”
Bowen has been impressive for West Ham this season, netting eight goals in 12 Premier League appearances.
He scored only six goals during the 2022-23 league campaign but has already surpassed that number this term.
The 26-year-old has earned five caps for England, with four of them coming during the Nations League matches last year.
The Three Lions confirmed a spot at the Euro 2024 finals after beating Italy 3-1 in October.
But they want to ensure a top seeding for the summer’s tournament with victories in their November fixtures.
Southgate’s side were unconvincing against Malta, but they still secured a 2-0 success.
The Lynxes have been better than Michele Marcolini’s side in the Euro qualifiers, but England are expected to seal a comfortable victory.
- Arsenal in 2023: Best Player, Best XI, Best Goal & More
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga; can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more