Gala claim the referee violated VAR protocol for Harry Kane’s first goal in the 2-1 defeat at the Allianz Arena.
Kane gave Die Rekordmeister the lead as he headed home a Joshua Kimmich free-kick in the 80th minute.
The assistant referee raised his flag for offside, but the goal was eventually given after the referee spoke to officials in the VAR room.
The VAR system had apparently broken down due to a glitch, and the replay could not be shown on the pitchside monitor.
According to the protocol, Nobre should have accepted the linesman’s decision because the line could not be shown on the screen.
However, he consulted assistants in the VAR room via radio before giving the goal.
The assistants were correct to give Kane’s goal as he was onside, making it hard to see Gala’s point with this complaint.
Galatasaray’s attempt to cast doubt on the referee’s decision, despite a clear and justified validation of the goal through VAR, raises questions about the motivations behind such complaints.
They need to focus on ensuring qualification to the round of 16 as they still have a good chance, sitting in third on the same four points as second-placed FC Copenhagen.
The Turkish giants must focus on beating Copenhagen and Manchester United in their coming games to sneak into the next round behind table toppers Bayern.
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?