Real Madrid winger Vinicius Junior is set to be sidelined for around two-and-a-half months with his latest injury, according to El Chiringuito TV.
After setting up Gabriel Martinelli’s opener, Vinicius was hauled off less than half an hour into Brazil’s 2-1 defeat against Colombia and has now been diagnosed to have suffered a torn Biceps femoris in his thigh.
Vinicius has remained upbeat and is already looking forward to making his return to action stronger than ever in early February which could come in the Madrid derby against Atletico at the Wanda Metropolitano.
The 23-year-old previously suffered a thigh problem earlier this season when he missed a month of action between late August and late September.
With six goals and three assists across all competitions to his name this term, Vinicius’ latest injury is a big blow to Madrid, who currently have a long list of unavailable players due to injury.
Kepa Arrizabalaga, Jude Bellingham, Daniel Ceballos, Thibaut Courtois, Arda Guler, Eder Militao and Aurelien Tchouameni are all sidelined through respective injuries.
Meanwhile, Brazil are set for a tough assignment against Argentina without the services of their star winger.
Fernando Diniz’s side have dropped to fifth place in the CONMEBOL World Cup qualifiers and will be keen to return to winning ways against the reigning world champions.
Both teams head into the clash off the back of respective defeats last time out, as Argentina conceded their first goals of 2023 in a 2-0 defeat to Uruguay.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?