Serie A giants AC Milan are planning a January move for Chelsea defender Benoit Badiashile, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
He recently returned to action in Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Blackburn Rovers on November 1 but has subsequently failed to find his way into the starting line-up.
Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino has been using Axel Disasi and Thiago Silva as his first-choice central defensive pairing, with Levi Colwill at left-back.
With these centre-backs ahead of Badiashile in the pecking order, Milan feel there is an opportunity to swoop for the France international defender in the winter transfer window.
Milan will have a battle to sign the young defender from Chelsea.
They have had success dealing with Chelsea, signing Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Christian Pulisic and Fikayo Tomori, but the Blues are keen to keep Badiashile.
Milan are plotting for defensive reinforcements after their recent dip in form. Among the top five clubs in the Serie A table, Milan have conceded the most and need to strengthen their backline.
They have been linked with a move for Arsenal defender Jakub Kiwior.
The Serie A club is also keen on adding another striker despite Olivier Giroud’s impressive start to the season. The Frenchman has bagged seven goals and three assists in 11 Serie A games.
Milan are eyeing a move for Lille striker Jonathan David. The Canadian international has been poor this season, but the Rossoneri are interested in securing his services.
Their interest in David is puzzling, considering Giroud is still going strong and with summer signing Noah Okafor waiting in the wings.
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’