Serie A giants AC Milan are planning a January move for Chelsea defender Benoit Badiashile, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
He recently returned to action in Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Blackburn Rovers on November 1 but has subsequently failed to find his way into the starting line-up.
Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino has been using Axel Disasi and Thiago Silva as his first-choice central defensive pairing, with Levi Colwill at left-back.
With these centre-backs ahead of Badiashile in the pecking order, Milan feel there is an opportunity to swoop for the France international defender in the winter transfer window.
Milan will have a battle to sign the young defender from Chelsea.
They have had success dealing with Chelsea, signing Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Christian Pulisic and Fikayo Tomori, but the Blues are keen to keep Badiashile.
Milan are plotting for defensive reinforcements after their recent dip in form. Among the top five clubs in the Serie A table, Milan have conceded the most and need to strengthen their backline.
They have been linked with a move for Arsenal defender Jakub Kiwior.
The Serie A club is also keen on adding another striker despite Olivier Giroud’s impressive start to the season. The Frenchman has bagged seven goals and three assists in 11 Serie A games.
Milan are eyeing a move for Lille striker Jonathan David. The Canadian international has been poor this season, but the Rossoneri are interested in securing his services.
Their interest in David is puzzling, considering Giroud is still going strong and with summer signing Noah Okafor waiting in the wings.
- Bundesliga Weekly: Dortmund & Leverkusen share the spoils, Leipzig re-enter the title race
- Man United to ratify Sir Jim Ratcliffe stake purchase next week
- Manchester United’s disturbing trend – repeated failures against top Premier League contenders
- Newcastle’s top four hopes take huge hit with Nick Pope out for five months
- Stats prove Man City’s Rodri has been far better than Arsenal’s Declan Rice this season
- Manchester City’s title defence gets tougher as Arsenal and Liverpool soar
- Euro 2024 Power Rankings – Who are the early favourites in Germany?
- FA Cup third round draw: Arsenal face Liverpool, Tottenham host Burnley
- European Championship 2024 draw: England, Scotland, France & Germany discover group stage opponents
- Can Salah close the gap on Haaland in the Premier League Golden Boot race?