Despite recently clocking 37 years of age, Giroud has started the current campaign in fine form with seven direct goal involvements in six Serie A matches.
The striker signed a contract extension in April which ties him to Milan until 2024. He has revealed he is happy at the San Siro, but is not thinking about a new deal.
“A contract renewal? Giroud told Sky Italia. “We will think about it in June,”
“For now, I want to do my best for Milan – I don’t plan anything but I feel good here, and I’ve been happy since the first day.”
Since leaving Chelsea two years ago, Giroud has proven to be a shrewd addition for Milan having helped them win a league title.
However, it remains to be seen if the Frenchman will be willing to extend his stay in Milan after he previously expressed his desire to end his career in Major League Soccer.
Irrespective of Giroud’s long-term future at the club, Milan are reportedly looking to sign a new striker in the January transfer window.
The Rossoneri completed the acquisitions of Noah Okafor and Luka Jovic this summer, but neither has been able to challenge Giroud for a starting spot since their respective arrivals.
Giroud endured a rough day in front of goal against Borussia Dortmund last time out as Milan played out a second consecutive Champions League group-stage stalemate.
Stefano Pioli’s side will now be looking to return to winning ways on Saturday when they visit Genoa in their final outing before the international break takes centre stage.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch