Leeds United winger Luis Sinisterra has left the door open to a move back to Feyenoord barely six months after leaving the Eredivisie outfit.
Sinisterra spent three productive years at De Kuip where he netted 35 goals and assisted 29 times in 113 matches across all competitions before joining Leeds for £21 million last summer.
The winger, who recently returned to Feyenoord to say goodbye earlier this month, has now opened up on his time at Rotterdam, while also hinting at a possible return.
“It was four wonderful years,” the 23-year-old told Dutch outlet SoccerNews.
“There were also lesser moments, but we managed to overcome them together. I am very grateful to Feyenoord and the entire club.
“I am happy the club has grown me as a player in every way. I’ll never forget it.
“Hopefully this will be my home forever. I’m not saying bye, but see you later.
“Maybe I’ll come back in the future – I would love it if that happened, but it was time for the next step in my career.
“I wish the team a great season. They’re doing great and I wish everyone the best.”
Tasked with the burden of being Leeds’ new go-to man since the departure of Raphinha to Barcelona, Sinisterra has had an underwhelming start to life at Elland Road.
His opening nine Premier League games have yielded just two goals and the winger is currently sidelined with a foot injury which has seen him fail to feature since October 23.
With Colombia not participating in this year’s World Cup, Sinisterra now has time to reenergise himself off the back of a hectic campaign last time out where he featured 49 times as his former employers reached the final of the inaugural Europa Conference League tournament.
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback
- Everton’s ten-point deduction puts Sean Dyche contract talks on hold
- The worst Premier League starts ever
- Gavi out for the rest of the season
- Celtic & Rangers top list of most expensive Champions League away days
- Jeremie Frimpong: Should Bayern or Man Utd take advantage of his €40m release clause?
- Tottenham join race for Man United target Jean-Clair Todibo
- Referee admitted penalty decision against Wolves was wrong, rages Gary O’Neil after Fulham defeat