The last transfer market saw several big names including Karim Benzema and N’Golo Kante make the switch from Europe to Saudi Arabia.
That trend looks set to continue in January as many more top stars remain on the radar of the heavily financially-backed Public Investment Fund clubs.
Mohammed Salah and Heung-min Son were two targets for the Saudis last summer and while there is still interest in the duo above, a January swoop is highly unlikely.
This leaves Sancho and Richarlison as the leading Premier League stars who could be on their way to the Middle East early next year.
Having fallen out of favour under Erik ten Hag, Sancho is yet to play for Manchester United since the final week of August and his career at Old Trafford looks to be over.
The Englishman was publicly criticised by Ten Hag for not training well enough and Sancho’s response to the United manager has seen him miss the last 15 games across all competitions.
While Sancho has been linked with several clubs around Europe, a move to the Saudi Pro League could be his most probable option due to his high wages and the sizeable fee that United are likely to demand.
Meanwhile, Richarlison is enjoying a much-improved campaign at Spurs compared to his debut season with four direct goal contributions in seven league starts.
However, the 26-year-old is set for a significant spell on the sidelines after he recently underwent groin surgery earlier this month.
Richarlison is still wanted by Saudi Arabian clubs and it remains to be seen if a move outside Europe will appeal to the Brazilian.
His international colleagues Neymar and Roger Ibanez currently ply their trade in the Arab nation.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray