Palmer has been impressive since leaving City for Chelsea this summer in a £45 million move. The 21-year-old has bagged four goals and two assists.
The last of those four goals came against former side Manchester City yesterday in a 4-4 thriller at Stamford Bridge.
The youngster held his nerves before putting his penalty beyond Ederson in the dying minutes to secure a deserved point for the Blues.
He won the man-of-the-match award after a stunning performance.
Despite his stellar displays, he did not get the call-up to the senior England squad, with Lee Carsley selecting him for the England Under-21 side. He now has his chance to impress at senior level.
Lewis did not feature against Chelsea yesterday but has been impressive in his ten appearances this term, with captivating performances from right-back and central midfield for Pep Guardiola’s side.
The Spanish manager has showered abundant praise on the youngster, calling him one of the best players he has ever coached.
Like Palmer, he was called to the Under-21 side, but after injuries to Jude Bellingham, Callum Wilson and James Maddison, Southgate has decided to call him to join the senior set-up.
England are preparing to face Malta and North Macedonia in their latest round of qualifiers for the 2024 European Championship.
They take on Malta on November 17 and face North Macedonia three days later.
England have already secured their spot at the tournament in Germany next year but are looking to book their place as a top seed.
It will be interesting to see if Palmer or Lewis get to make their debut for England. They have both earned it with their performances this season.
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?