The company currently invests approximately £90 million for 60 live matches across three seasons, a deal initially secured before the 2019/20 campaign.
Despite concerns over whether Amazon would participate in the upcoming auction, industry insiders suggest the streaming company is eyeing at least one of the five available packages.
Amazon’s initial foray into live TV rights was reportedly facilitated by a discounted deal extended by the Premier League six years ago, a move aimed at enticing the streaming service into the market.
While doubts loomed over Amazon’s bid in the face of a £300m per year price tag for the cheapest of the five packages, they remain interested in the auction.
Encouraged by the prospect of a longer-term deal which offers increased certainty over production investments, Amazon are exploring the possibility of a bid that presents a four-year contract for the first time.
The Premier League has offered a 12-month increase on the previous three-year cycle, with the new agreement set to take effect from 2025.
Sky Sports and TNT Sport have dominated top-tier coverage over the years, but Amazon’s potential emergence could change the landscape.
If Amazon decides to join the bidding, it is anticipated they will target the more affordable of the five new packages.
Competition may arise from DAZN, with a reported focus on the expanded Amazon pack, which they consider more attainable than primetime Saturday and Sunday packages.
The fifth package is expected to include complete midweek rounds and Sunday matches featuring clubs involved in the Europa League.
The Premier League seeks a significant increase from the existing deal worth £5 billion, and the upcoming auction could reshape the landscape of football broadcasting, as the number of matches available will increase from 200 to around 270.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?