Following a tough couple of seasons at Camp Nou where he struggled for both form and fitness, Fati joined Brighton & Hove Albion on loan last summer.
However, he has failed to nail down a starting spot, racking up just 364 minutes of action across all competitions.
Kaoru Mitoma is currently the undisputed first-choice option for Roberto De Zerbi on the left wing, leaving Fati as a bench option.
As things stand, it is highly unlikely that Brighton will pursue a permanent move next summer for Fati whose Barca future looks to be all but over.
Consequently, a move to Saudi Arabia is now on the cards for the 20-year-old as he looks to get his career back on track.
Over the last two transfer windows, there has been an influx of top European stars to the Middle East and that trend is showing no signs of slowing down.
Since the acquisition of top Saudi Arabian clubs by the Public Investment Fund, veteran players such as Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema have departed for the Saudi Pro League.
However, the recent acquisition of Gabri Veiga from Celta Vigo means that top talents still at the developmental stages of their careers are also high on the PIF wishlist.
With Kaoru Mitoma currently an injury doubt, Fati could be set to make his first league start this weekend when Brighton visit the Etihad Stadium to face Premier League champions Manchester City.
- Bundesliga Weekly: All the action as Frankfurt humiliate Bayern, Leverkusen & Stuttgart draw
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to AC Milan as advisor & RedBird partner
- Arsenal in 2023: Best Player, Best XI, Best Goal & More
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga: Can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups