England men’s national football team will face Brazil and Belgium in friendly matches at Wembley Stadium in March 2024.
Five-time World Cup champions Brazil have already started their qualification campaign for the 2026 World Cup and have their sights set on the 2024 Copa America in the United States.
The Selecao will grace Wembley on Saturday, March 23. It has been nearly six years since England last encountered South American opposition, making this clash all the more special.
England will lock horns with Belgium the following Tuesday.
This meeting is particularly significant, given the history between these two teams. Their last home encounter resulted in a 2-1 Nations League victory for England in October 2020.
Gareth Southgate‘s side have already sealed qualification for the 2024 European Championship in Germany after beating Italy at home for the first time since 1977. They will use the friendlies to keep sharp.
He said (via EnglandFootball.com): “I’m happy to have two strong matches in March as we build towards the Euro finals. It is important we take every opportunity to test ourselves against top opposition.
“Before then, we have our last qualifiers against Malta and North Macedonia coming up.
“Getting two positive results is essential if we are to make sure of being top seeds in the EURO draw next month.
“We can’t afford to think the job is done as there is still work to do, while every second for us together in camp counts if we are to give ourselves the best chance of success next summer.”
The Three Lions will conclude their Euro 2024 qualifying campaign this month as Malta visit Wembley on November 17 before England travel to Skopje three days later to face North Macedonia.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray