Gremio star Luis Suarez is reportedly set to reunite with his former Barcelona teammate Lionel Messi at Inter Miami.
According to ESPN, the MLS outfit have agreed a deal with the 36-year-old.
The experienced striker will sign a one-year contract with the Herons with an option to renew for a second year.
Suarez joined Gremio in December 2022 on a two-year deal after leaving his boyhood club Nacional in October.
He has scored ten goals in 26 appearances in the Brazilian Serie A this season.
But Gremio manager Renato Gaucho confirmed last month the Uruguayan will leave the club at the end of the campaign.
It has now emerged that he has agreed to join Miami who signed his ex-Barca teammates Messi, Sergio Busquets and Jordi Alba in the summer.
Suarez enjoyed a hugely successful time alongside that trio at Camp Nou between 2014 and 2020, winning four La Liga titles and the 2015 Champions League trophy.
His stint at the club saw him score 198 goals in 283 appearances in all competitions.
The Uruguay international joined Atletico Madrid in 2020 and lifted another La Liga trophy in his debut season.
Despite his age, Suarez is still playing impressive football. He is Gremio’s leading scorer this season.
Miami have seen a change in their fortunes since Messi, who recently won his eighth Ballon d’Or, arrived at the DRV PNK Stadium in July.
The MLS outfit will hope for a similar impact with the signing of the Uruguayan striker.
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups