A brawl reportedly broke out between fans of Boca Juniors and Fluminense at a beach in Rio de Janeiro yesterday.
This incident occurred ahead of the Copa Libertadores final that is set to take place at the Maracana on Saturday.
However, the build-up to the final has been marred by a mass brawl at the Copacabana Beach on Thursday.
It is unclear what caused the trouble, but footage shared on social media showed a group of people running across the beach, causing others to retreat.
The police had to get involved to restore calm, and an arrest was reportedly made.
The 2023 Copa Libertadores final is the centre of attention for South American football fans this month.
Boca made it to the final after beating Palmeiras in a penalty shootout in the second leg of their semi-final tie in October.
With former Paris Saint-Germain star Edinson Cavani in their ranks, the Argentine outfit will bid to win their seventh Libertadores title this weekend.
Fluminense are chasing their first title, and are hoping ex-Real Madrid star Marcelo inspires them to victory. They beat Internacional 4-3 on aggregate in the semi-final.
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga; can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses