England international midfielder Jude Bellingham has won his third consecutive Player of the Month award for Real Madrid after claiming the prize in August, September and October.
He also clinched La Liga’s October POTM award after winning the prize in August.
The 20-year-old continues to shine in Spain following his blockbuster summer move from Borussia Dortmund. He has bagged 13 goals and three assists in 13 appearances for Los Blancos.
The Stourbridge-born midfielder began his October with a bang, scoring in their Champions League win over Napoli.
He took his tally to two goals in two Champions League appearances for the Madrid club following his winner against Union Berlin on the first matchday.
Next came Osasuna in La Liga, and Bellingham continued his inspired form, bagging a brace.
He then scored in the win over Braga in the Champions League before delivering his magnum opus in the El Clasico clash against Barcelona.
The Catalans held the lead heading into the half-time break, but Bellingham inspired a famous comeback win with a brace.
For the first goal, he thundered the 14-time Champions League winners back into the game from a distance before he poked past Marc-Andre Ter Stegen later on to seal the win.
Bellingham’s triumphant October was not over as the former Birmingham City midfielder beat off competition from teammate Eduardo Camavinga, Rasmus Hojlund (Manchester United), Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich) and Pedri (Barcelona) to win the Kopa Trophy at the 2023 Ballon d’Or ceremony.
The award is handed to the best under-21 player in the world. He pipped everyone in his age group to clinch the prestigious prize.
Bellingham also finished 18th in the Ballon d’Or rankings, which is already incredible. If he carries his current form, he will finish higher in next year’s edition of the award.
Following the departure of Karim Benzema over the summer, there was a talismanic hole in the Madrid squad, and the young midfield dynamo has taken the mantle, settling into his new environment with aplomb.
- Bundesliga Weekly: All the action as Frankfurt humiliate Bayern, Leverkusen & Stuttgart draw
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to AC Milan as advisor & RedBird partner
- Arsenal in 2023: Best Player, Best XI, Best Goal & More
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga: Can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups