Dyche confirmed that club captain Seamus Coleman is recovering well from a knee problem he sustained in May but will sit out the Saturday fixture as he continues to build his fitness level.
“Seamus is going well,” said Dyche in his pre-match press conference. “He’ll hopefully get involved in a game for the Under-21s this weekend.
“He needs some game time, of course, but he’s training very well, and I think he’s pleased to be back on the grass.”
Dyche also offered an update on Dele, who is recovering from a groin problem, and Andre Gomes, who is struggling with a calf injury.
“Dele still has some time to go – he’s just back on the grass now, but he’s in a good place,” Dyche added.
“I had a chat with him the other day, and he’s in a good place, other than his injury, of course, which he is frustrated by.
“Andre has been very frustrated. He’s had a niggly calf injury again, but he’s coming back through that now.”
Everton suffered a 4-1 defeat in this fixture last season before setting the record straight under Dyche’s leadership, running out 5-1 winners at the Amex Stadium.
The English manager emphasised the importance of repeating the away performance, facing a Brighton side that has won just one of their last seven games in all competitions.
“They’re [Brighton] a very good side, they still are,” Dyche said. “They’ve sold a couple of players, but they’re still a good side – they’re showing that.
“You have to be tactically right, but you have to impress yourself upon the game as well. I thought we did it very well away from home last season, and we’re going to have to do that again.”
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups