The Premier League have revealed a six-man shortlist for the Player of the Month award for October, including Liverpool superstar Mohamed Salah.
The Egyptian forward was in sensational form for the Reds, bagging five goals in Liverpool’s last three Premier League fixtures.
The 31-year-old bagged a brace in the 2-2 draw against Brighton & Hove Albion and repeated the feat in the 2-0 win Merseyside derby victory over Everton.
He was also on target as Liverpool extended their Premier League unbeaten streak to three games, thrashing Nottingham Forest 3-0 at Anfield.
Salah is one of six nominees for the prestigious monthly accolade, along with Cristian Romero, Declan Rice, Pedro Neto, Bryan Mbeumo and Douglas Luiz.
Romero was in fine form for Tottenham Hotspur, helping to keep two clean sheets as Ange Postecoglou’s side embarked on a three-match winning run in October.
The 25-year-old registered a combined five tackles and five interceptions across his last three games, lost out on only one of his ten ground duels and was successful in seven of his 11 aerial battles.
Arsenal midfielder Rice has been in eye-catching form, bagging a goal and an assist in his last three games to help Mikel Arteta’s side maintain their unbeaten start to the 2023/24 season.
After an electrifying performance in the historic victory over Manchester City, Rice spearheaded Arsenal’s comeback in the 2-2 draw against Chelsea after netting the Gunners’ opening goal.
He followed up that performance with an assist in the 5-0 mauling of Sheffield United.
Wolves forward Neto also made the shortlist for a second consecutive month after bagging an assist in each of his last three appearances.
Mbeumo has been instrumental for Brentford in Ivan Toney’s absence, recording two goals and two assists in his last three games, including the 2-0 victory at Chelsea.
Luiz rounds off the shortlist after picking up two goals and an assist, including a brace in the 4-1 victory over West Ham United.
Nominees for the October Player of the Month award
- Mohamed Salah – Liverpool
- Cristian Romero – Tottenham Hotspur
- Declan Rice – Arsenal
- Pedro Neto – Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Bryan Mbeumo – Brentford
- Douglas Luiz – Aston Villa
Supporters can cast their votes here, with the winner of the award expected to be announced next week.
- £1.3bn Manchester United investor will prioritise homegrown talent over foreign stars
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Stats reveal the real culprits in Man Utd’s dismal performances this season
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award