The Premier League has revealed the nominees for October’s Manager of the Month award, with four tacticians set to go head-to-head for the prestigious accolade.
Having won the award for the last two months, Tottenham Hotspur manager Ange Postecoglou will be eyeing the prize for a third successive time.
The Australian could become the first manager in Premier League history to claim the award for each of his first three months after leading his side to a three-match winning streak in October.
Tottenham survived a trip to Luton Town on the eve of the international break, seeing out a 1-0 win after going down to ten men on the stroke of half-time.
They subsequently emerged victorious from consecutive London derby fixtures, beating Fulham 2-0 before seeing off the challenge from Crystal Palace in a 2-1 win.
Despite Tottenham’s form, Postecoglou faces a concrete battle for the award, with Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp also in contention for the prize.
The Reds saw out October with a near-perfect record, drawing 2-2 against Brighton & Hove Albion on the stroke of the international break.
The result at the Amex Stadium was followed by consecutive victories at Anfield, including a 2-0 win against Everton in the Merseyside derby and the 3-0 demolition of Nottingham Forest.
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta was also nominated after picking up two wins from three October fixtures, including a historic victory over Manchester City.
After ending a run of 12 successive Premier League defeats against Man City with a 1-0 win at the Emirates Stadium, Arsenal fought back to record a 2-2 draw against Chelsea in the London derby.
They rounded off the month in style, comprehensively thrashing relegation contenders Sheffield United 5-0 in front of the club faithful.
Unai Emery completes the four-man shortlist after leading Aston Villa to a 1-1 draw against Wolverhampton Wanderers before dispatching West Ham United in a 4-1 win.
The high-flying Villans saw off October with a comprehensive victory over Premier League newcomers Luton Town, running out 3-1 winners at Villa Park.
Nominees for the October Manager of the Month award
- Ange Postecoglou – Tottenham Hotspur
- Jurgen Klopp – Liverpool
- Unai Emery – Aston Villa
- Mikel Arteta – Arsenal
Supporters can cast their votes here, with the winner of the award expected to be announced next week.
- Overrated & Underrated in 2023 – Aston Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool and more
- Bundesliga Weekly: All the action as Frankfurt humiliate Bayern, Leverkusen & Stuttgart draw
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to AC Milan as advisor & RedBird partner
- Arsenal in 2023: Best Player, Best XI, Best Goal & More
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga: Can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree