Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson is confident that an announcement regarding a new contract for star player Eberechi Eze is coming soon.
This development follows Manchester City’s failed £60 million bid for the winger during the summer transfer window.
Palace are determined to secure Eze’s future with a new contract, which is rumoured to be in excess of £100,000 per week.
The interest in Eze from Man City remains strong, with manager Pep Guardiola a massive fan of the talented Englishman.
The possibility of City revisiting a move for Eze still looms, making it crucial for Palace to secure his services.
Reports suggest that Palace started talks with Eze about a new contract in September. Eze’s current contract extends until 2025, but Palace are eager to extend his stay at the club.
Hodgson shared his optimism about the situation, saying (via the Evening Standard), “The good news with Michael Olise and now those two (Jordan Ayew and Sam Johnstone) and I believe the club is working very hard with Eberechi Eze, and they are very confident it won’t be too long before they can announce him as well.”
The Palace manager also revealed that Eze has returned to full training in the past two weeks and could feature against Burnley this weekend.
Eze’s return is a positive sign for the club, as he will significantly boost their ambitions for the season. He is a talismanic figure for the Eagles, filling the gap left by Wilfried Zaha.
In other injury news for Palace, full-back Tyrick Mitchell has resumed training after a quad issue.
Michael Olise, who has been sidelined with a hamstring injury since the summer is also back in training.
The Selhurst Park faithful will be happy that the injury concerns plaguing the club over the past few weeks are beginning to ease.
- £1.3bn Manchester United investor will prioritise homegrown talent over foreign stars
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Stats reveal the real culprits in Man Utd’s dismal performances this season
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award