That’s according to talkSPORT, who claim the Blues are willing to launch an all-out assault to land his signature, with the goalkeeper earmarked as a priority target.
Ramsdale is valued at £50 million despite his struggles with the Gunners, and Chelsea are aware that luring him away from the Emirates in January will be challenging.
However, the Blues are prepared to wait until next summer before tempting their local neighbours with a big-money proposal to sign the English goalkeeper.
More big-money signings that don’t move the needle
Chelsea planning a move for Ramsdale further emphasises why the club are in their current state – signing a bunch of players without any feasible plan attached.
While the story lacks merit, considering Chelsea’s embarrassment of goalkeeping talents, the idea of making a move for Ramsdale is disappointing.
If he is no longer good enough for Mikel Arteta’s side, especially after playing a pivotal role in their futile title challenge last term, who’s to say he’ll be any good for the Blues?
Chelsea have made a large chunk of hopeful signings over the last three windows – some attracting huge transfer fees – and all they have to show for it is three wins from ten Premier League games.
Signing Ramsdale will only add to their failures in the transfer market. Aside from being overpriced, he’s not an improvement on what Chelsea currently have on the payroll.
Robert Sanchez has been a solid acquisition. Although the jury is still out on the Spanish keeper, he has proven that he can do a job when required.
If Chelsea are desperate to spend money, perhaps they should focus on finding a smart acquisition that will end their concerning goalscoring problems.
- £1.3bn Manchester United investor will prioritise homegrown talent over foreign stars
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Stats reveal the real culprits in Man Utd’s dismal performances this season
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award