Udogie has become a regular fixture in Tottenham’s starting line-up since his return from a successful loan spell with Udinese in the summer.
He was not in the matchday squad for their recent 2-1 victory against Crystal Palace.
Doubts about Udogie’s fitness emerged after he was substituted in the 56th minute during a home win over Fulham just four days earlier.
Postecoglou and the coaching staff opted to be cautious due to the player experiencing tightness in his legs.
There is enough time for recovery and rehabilitation before the Chelsea fixture, but Udogie’s presence remains uncertain.
Postecoglou said (via Tottenham’s official website): “Everyone got through the (Palace) game.
“Benny Davies still has a bit of an ankle problem and hasn’t trained with the team yet. Destiny is still working his way through it – not ruled him out (of the Chelsea game) yet.
“It’s a 50-50 situation at this stage as to whether he’ll be available. Everyone else is okay apart from the long-term injuries.”
Spurs fans will be hoping for Udogie’s potential inclusion in the Chelsea clash, as his versatility and contributions on the pitch have been remarkable since his return to the club.
Despite the absence of the attack-minded defender, Tottenham will back themselves to get a result against struggling Chelsea. The Blues are in mid-table after a topsy-turvy start to the season.
Spurs currently top the Premier League table and could consolidate their lead with a win over the Blues, who lost their last league game 2-0 to Brentford.
Postecoglou will fancy his side against their London rivals, who continue to struggle in front of goal.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray