AC Milan are planning to bring in defensive reinforcements in the January transfer window due to their worrying injury crisis.
Stefano Pioli has been left with a thin backline following injuries to Pierre Kalulu, Marco Pellegrino and Simon Kjaer.
Kalulu is widely reported to be out of action for four months, while Pellegrino could be sidelined until mid-December. Kjaer is expected to be unavailable for a few weeks.
Pioli only has Malick Thiaw and Fikayo Tomori as reliable defensive options, and he could look to reserve team talents to tackle the injury woes for the time being.
Calicomercato.com reports that Milan have set their sights on PAOK’s Greek youngster Konstantinos Koulierakis to add more depth to their defence in January.
Milan have been monitoring the highly-rated defender for a while now and tried to sign him last summer.
The 19-year-old has been hugely impressive for the Greek Super League outfit this season, netting three goals in 13 appearances across all competitions.
His performances in the Europa Conference League put him in the spotlight after he scored against HJK Helsinki and Eintracht Frankfurt.
Milan are looking to keep up with their transfer module of securing promising young talents by trying to sign Koulierakis, who already has three senior caps with the Greek national team.
The Rossoneri are also interested in signing a centre-forward in January, with Lille’s Jonathan David being their top target.
Milan are currently third in Serie A with 22 points, trailing leaders Inter Milan by three points.
However, they have experienced contrasting fortunes in the Champions League, sitting last in their group with no victories in three games.
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups