The announcement comes after her father’s shareholding of 25.1% was transferred to her following his passing in January.
Gold’s revelation that she is open to selling a portion of the family’s stake has sparked speculation about the club’s future ownership structure.
A statement from Gold read (via West Ham’s official website): “I would consider selling a proportion of our shares to the right partner.
“I have spoken to each of the other three major shareholders at West Ham United, David Sullivan, Daniel Kretinsky and Tripp Smith, who have been very supportive.”
Gold clarified that any potential transaction would be undertaken with her father’s legacy and his enduring love for West Ham in mind, ensuring that the club’s best interests remain paramount.
To navigate this complex process, Vanessa has enlisted the expertise of London-based multinational bank Rothschild & Co. They will play a pivotal role in identifying potential new investment partners.
Former Birmingham City owners David Gold and David Sullivan assumed control at West Ham in 2010.
American billionaire Albert ‘Tripp’ Smith joined the ownership fold in 2017 with a minority stake.
Czech billionaire Daniel Kretinsky acquired a 27% stake in 2021, valued at over £180 million when the club’s overall worth was over £650m.
Sullivan has maintained his status as the largest shareholder, holding just under 39% of the club’s shares.
West Ham are currently ninth in the Premier League standings after a decent start following a successful season in which they won the second edition of the Europa Conference League.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?