The 20-year-old outshone formidable contenders to clinch the honour at the annual Kopa Trophy presentation, which coincides with the prestigious Ballon d’Or ceremony in Paris, France.
Bellingham’s remarkable rise saw him finish as the runner-up in 2021.
Fast forward to 2023, and his exceptional performances in a Madrid jersey ensured he would not be denied.
Organised by France Football, this accolade is named after Raymond Kopa, a former Madrid star and Ballon d’Or winner. The Kopa Trophy award is given to the best player under 21.
Bellingham found himself in illustrious company on this year’s shortlist, competing against teammate Eduardo Camavinga, Manchester United’s Rasmus Hojlund, Bayern Munich’s Jamal Musiala (2nd), and Barcelona duo Pedri (3rd) and Gavi.
The midfielder has grown in stature at Borussia Dortmund and with the English national team, ultimately leading to his blockbuster €133 million transfer to the Spanish capital of Madrid this summer.
Bellingham has taken the footballing world by storm since joining Madrid, amassing 13 goals and three assists in just 13 appearances and often delivering match-winners.
His seamless integration into the Los Blancos squad and sensational on-field performances have seen him earmarked as one of the standout summer signings.
A Ballon d’Or award may be on the cards if he continues his ridiculous form. He finished 18th in this year’s rankings.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?