The Polish midfielder’s future remained a subject of speculation throughout the summer, with reports linking him with an exit from the Diego Armando Maradona Stadium.
In addition to Lazio, Saudi giants Al-Hilal tried to sign Zielinski, but he refused a lucrative offer to move to the Middle East to continue his adventure with the Italian champions.
The Pole also reportedly agreed to extend his contract – which expires next summer – on reduced terms – but there are some issues to resolve.
The 29-year-old only wants the new deal to be in place from next season, while the agent fee is also preventing the Partenopei from tying his future to the club.
If the deal falls through, Inter and Juventus are ready to pounce and sign him on a free transfer next summer.
Zielinski played a pivotal role in the Neapolitans’ first Scudetto triumph in 33 years last season, registering three goals and nine assists.
He remains a pivotal figure for the Partneopei this term, netting three goals and assists apiece in 13 appearances.
Inter are yet to decide on Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s future, with his current contract expiring at the end of the season.
If they choose to move on from the Armenian midfielder, Zielinski could be a great replacement, given his experience in Serie A and world-class quality.
The Bianconeri also need a player who can raise the squad and help them compete for the titles, and Zielinski would be a great fit for them.
Napoli could also lose their star striker Victor Osimhen next summer due to the lack of progress in talks over a new deal.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch